Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Bound to Brooklyn

I have returned to my wonderful home called Brooklyn after six long weeks in Queens. Queens was lovely, but I missed my neighborhood. I returned to my apartment building on Monday to find my entire block under construction. The locks had been changed and the mailboxes are now blocked off by those hideous blue construction walls made of flimsy plywood. After "breaking in" to the construction site (which consisted of sliding back a gate), I collected my pile of mail and flopped down on my couch. It is good to be home.

Let me tell you about my mail: There's tons of it. I wish I could say that I am excited to tear through the piles of cushy envelopes and rip out the albums that are waiting for me to give them a listen. But... I'm tired, you guys. Really tired. But here's one thing in my inbox that cuts through the fatigue and motivates me to post. Here's what I've got:

Bound Stems: Refuse the Refuse
Bound Stems: Western Biographic

Bound Stems will release their full length Appreciation Night on September 19 on Flameshovel Records. The Bound Stems' EP The Logic of Building the Body Plan received some love and featured one of my favorite songs of last year "Wake Up, Ma and Pa Are Gone." If you haven't heard it yet, download it now. It's gorgeous with its floaty sing-songiness. Really. "Refuse the Refuse" and "Western Biographic" are the latest offerings from the new LP. If I weren't feeling at such a loss for words, I would say something very clever about the band's musical specialness. You're just going to have to trust me and listen to the songs on your own. Fill in any positive adjectives that I failed to provide.

Bound Stems: Wake Up, Ma and Pa Are Gone (live)

Buy The Logic of Building the Body Plan here.

Mark your calendars for their NYC show at Mercury Lounge on August 30.

And when you're done tripping over how excited you are about the upcoming release of the Bound Stems LP, go be their friends. The Bound Stems will be added to your cute friend list... but that has nothing to do with their music, so I'm going to stop now.

* * * * * *
Congratulations to the Envy Corps EP contest winners nerdybirdy, j.p., and madithar! I have to say that this was my favorite poem: i need their love letters/for my love won't write.

As soon as you guys email me your mailing addresses, the sooner your EP will arrive in your hands.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For a new eve isk player has just entered EVE spend, their first month of life is important. First of all, realize the eve online isk is useful to the each new player. You only play with others and buy isk can get happy from the game. After learned at the Eve world, you may found the cheap eve isk. However, buy eve online isk can also save a lot your time.

2:41 AM  
Blogger Angela Dixon said...

Nice post! Can’t wait for the next one. Keep stuff like this coming.

Asus - N55SL-DS71 15.6" LED Notebook - Intel Core i7 i7-2670QM 2.20 GHz - Black

Asus - 11.6"ZENBOOK Ultrabook 4 GB Memory and 128 GB Solid State Drive - Aluminum Silver

Asus - 13.3" Laptop - 4GB Memory - 128GB Solid State Drive - Hot Pink

Asus - 11.6" Laptop - 4GB Memory - 128GB Solid State Drive - Radiant Silver

Asus - 15.6" Notebook 8 GB Memory - 500 GB Hard Drive - Black

6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home