Sunday, June 04, 2006

Friday Subway Tunes


I've been working two jobs lately, which has put quite a strain on my life. Many things have slipped through the cracks while others have been cut out completely. The shows that I penciled in on my calendar have been steadily crossed off and my mother leaves length messages that oscillate between pleading and threats to disown me. The one constant that has remained is the time I spend listening to my iPod. As some of you know, I spend 2.5 hours a day on the subway trains of New York. Music and a ever rotating book collection keep my commute sane and manageable. Since I have neglected the mp3s filling my inbox and the stack of CDs sitting on my table, I present to you 6 songs that made my Friday morning commute worth waking up.

Somehow the gods of the shuffle setting knew that I needed some happy-go-lucky sounds to get me started...

Sambassadeur: Kate
I'm From Barcelona: We're From Barcelona
The Legends: Make It All Right
Oh No! Oh My!: Jane Is Fat
The Envy Corps: Story Problem
Snowden: Anti Anti

Because I'm so busy, I have decided to take on yet another responsibility. It involves more blogging and trying not to "float away." More on that later.
*****
And...

A Brief Smile has posted a new song from their upcoming album R.E.S.T. on their myspace page. The track is titled "This Machine" and when you stream the song, you get to see the pretty album cover. Rachael got me hooked to A Brief Smile when she offered up an unmastered version of the track"Kitchen Floor." Here's that track once more.

A Brief Smile: Kitchen Floor

Congrats go to the boys from What Made Milwaukee Famous. The indie-pop band has been signed to Barsuk Records! On August 22, look for the (re)release of the band's debut album Trying Never to Catch Up.

7 Comments:

Blogger fakenordic said...

Great post.

5:25 AM  
Anonymous I'm not from Barcelona ;-) said...

Thank you! Merci! Danke! Gracias!

1:10 PM  
Blogger alexis said...

What does your route look like on a normal day?

5:51 AM  
Blogger indie don't dance said...

Well...

First, I get on the R.
Then, I switch to the 4/5.
Last, I transfer to the 6... sometimes I stay on the 5. It all depends if I want coffee before I get to work.

I would not really recommend this commute to anyone.

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For a new eve isk player has just entered EVE spend, their first month of life is important. First of all, realize the eve online isk is useful to the each new player. You only play with others and buy isk can get happy from the game. After learned at the Eve world, you may found the cheap eve isk. However, buy eve online isk can also save a lot your time.

2:39 AM  
Anonymous Microsoft Office 2007 said...

NEVERTHELESS, THE CIVIL LAW is and must be neutral about who has a more noble or rewarding faith. The breakaway parishes ought to win every Office 2010facet of the lawsuit not becauseMicrosoft Office 2010 their beliefs or their politics are better, Microsoft wordbut because both lawOffice 2007and equity, along with common sense, are on Microsoft Officetheir side.Microsoft Office 2007 Not only does Virginia state law (the Division Statute)Office 2007 keyexplicitly apply to just such a Office 2007 downloadsituation as now exists, but the history Office 2007 Professionalespecially of The Falls Church argues against the claims of Outlook 2010the Virginia Diocese with which theyMicrosoft outlookhave disassociated.Microsoft outlook 2010First, The Falls Church wasWindows 7 founded, formed, and developed long before the diocese, or the national Episcopal Church, even existed.

2:41 AM  
Blogger jay paul said...

Nice post! Can’t wait for the next one. Keep stuff like this coming.

Asus - N55SL-DS71 15.6" LED Notebook - Intel Core i7 i7-2670QM 2.20 GHz - Black

Asus - 11.6"ZENBOOK Ultrabook 4 GB Memory and 128 GB Solid State Drive - Aluminum Silver

Asus - 13.3" Laptop - 4GB Memory - 128GB Solid State Drive - Hot Pink

Asus - 11.6" Laptop - 4GB Memory - 128GB Solid State Drive - Radiant Silver

Asus - 15.6" Notebook 8 GB Memory - 500 GB Hard Drive - Black

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home