Monday, June 12, 2006

Cat Power @ Town Hall, 06.10.06

This photograph was shameless ripped from mahalie.com.
Visit her blog for a review of Cat Power's show in Seattle
and more fantastic live pictures.

On Saturday night I saw Cat Power at Town Hall in New York. I adore her. I adore that she slipped on stage with her pink travel mug and serenaded us with "The Greatest." I adore the way she bunny hops across the stage and tugs at her clothing when she sings. I adore the way she applauds the band after each song and also applauds the audience. I adore the way she waves to photographers who have inched closer to the stage to take her picture. I adore the way she celebrates her sobriety and radiates triumph. I adore the way her melancholia leaves me hopeful and understood. I adore the way she seems awkward in her own skin yet so much more confident on stage. I adore the way she channels 6os backup singers when she do-wops and and shakes her hips. I adore the way she disappeared to let the Memphis Rhythm Band take center stage, and reemerged in a different, "sexier" outfit. It was a costume change that rivaled the best pop stars. I adore the way she covers "Wild As the Wind." Nina would be proud. I adore the way she waved goodbye at the end of the set and did not want to leave us. I adore the way she stood confidently in the spotlight and let us celebrate her with our applause and cheers. Someone in the audience yelled, "I love you Chan!" She signed, "I love you, too." I believe that to be true.

Cat Power: Where Is My Love

Bradley's Almanac has live tracks from Cat Power's show in Boston on June 7th.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Katie said...

I'm jealous!

8:01 PM  
Blogger Team Clermont Lucas said...

Wow...a GOOD Cat Power show? I've heard that they exist, but I've never seen one. And I've tried three times. One show she only played, like, one chord.

9:29 PM  
Blogger indie don't dance said...

That's incredibly sad, team clermont. The show on Saturday blew me away. Honestly. I had heard about Cat Power's strange stage antics, but this was hands down one of the happiest shows I've been to in a long while. I think she knows how good she feels. I could be wrong, but I felt like she actually enjoyed being on stage. She seemed thankful.

And Katie: don't kill me. If I'm not around, who will help teach the children? Think about that...

10:39 PM  
Blogger Mahalie said...

Thanks for linking to my blog. I have more Cat Power photos on Flickr too, if you're interested.

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Microsoft Office 2007 said...

NEVERTHELESS, THE CIVIL LAW is and must be neutral about who has a more noble or rewarding faith. The breakaway parishes ought to win every Office 2010facet of the lawsuit not becauseMicrosoft Office 2010 their beliefs or their politics are better, Microsoft wordbut because both lawOffice 2007and equity, along with common sense, are on Microsoft Officetheir side.Microsoft Office 2007 Not only does Virginia state law (the Division Statute)Office 2007 keyexplicitly apply to just such a Office 2007 downloadsituation as now exists, but the history Office 2007 Professionalespecially of The Falls Church argues against the claims of Outlook 2010the Virginia Diocese with which theyMicrosoft outlookhave disassociated.Microsoft outlook 2010First, The Falls Church wasWindows 7 founded, formed, and developed long before the diocese, or the national Episcopal Church, even existed.

2:41 AM  
Blogger Bob_Alfredo said...

Well this a great website i like it very much.

Affiliate Management

9:35 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

Great information on your site here. I love this post because we can get some useful information from your blog. I expect more post from you guys.


Writing Logo

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Logo Design said...

Awesome blog! I will for sure drop by it more often!

9:23 AM  
Blogger justin albert said...

The blog was absolutely fantastic! Lot of great information which can be helpful in some or the other way. Keep updating the blog, looking forward for more contents...Great job, keep it up..

Android Application Development

7:09 AM  
Blogger Ad min said...

The way you shared your knowledge here is amazing!
iPhone Fun Pictures

9:24 AM  
Blogger jay paul said...

Nice post! Can’t wait for the next one. Keep stuff like this coming.

Asus - N55SL-DS71 15.6" LED Notebook - Intel Core i7 i7-2670QM 2.20 GHz - Black

Asus - 11.6"ZENBOOK Ultrabook 4 GB Memory and 128 GB Solid State Drive - Aluminum Silver

Asus - 13.3" Laptop - 4GB Memory - 128GB Solid State Drive - Hot Pink

Asus - 11.6" Laptop - 4GB Memory - 128GB Solid State Drive - Radiant Silver

Asus - 15.6" Notebook 8 GB Memory - 500 GB Hard Drive - Black

8:39 AM  
Anonymous sunglasses for women said...

Superb! Generally I never read whole articles but the way you wrote this information is simply amazing and this kept my interest in reading and I enjoyed it.At same time,you can visit my website: 

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home