Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Today is my birthday.

As the title of the post states: Today is my birthday. Those who know me well know that I adore my birthday. I don't just like it; I love it. I don't necessarily want presents, a party, or a night of drunken debauchery. I just want simple acknowledgement that:
  1. It's my birthday
  2. It's my birthday
  3. It's my birthday
That's all I want.

I put together a short list of songs that I like to fuel my birthday bliss. These aren't necessarily songs that are causing the current blog buzz or hot on The Hype Machine. They're just songs that I like. And it's my birthday. And just let me indulge for this one day of the year.

The Envy Corps: Story Problem
Aloha: You've Escaped
Brendan Benson & the Wellfed Boys: Metarie
Cold War Kids: We Used to VacationDivision Day: Hurracaine
I'm From Barcelona: Rec & Play
Inara George: Genius
Say Hi To Your Mom: The Death of Girl Number 2

*****
And...

Was that Au Revoir Simone on Grey's Anatomy last night?

13 Comments:

Blogger Malcolm Sosa said...

Happy 35th!

9:46 PM  
Anonymous annie said...

YES. That was Au Revoir Simone! And I spent an hour trying to place the song after I watched it, knowing I knew it. Yay, I'm glad someone else noticed.

9:47 PM  
Anonymous nick said...

happpppppppy birthday. hopefully cupcakes weren't banned at your school!

2:13 AM  
Anonymous Rachael said...

happy birdthday nikki!!

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Ryan said...

Happy Happy Birthday Birthday!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Knut said...

Happy Birthday! Today we are celebrating here in Norway, - it's our country's birthday too! Hurrah! I hope you have had the most perfect birthday you could ever wish for.

2:39 PM  
Anonymous chone said...

Happy Birthday!

12:13 AM  
Blogger Shane Forever said...

No ways! The 16th was my birthday too! I'm not kidding, you're my 3rd birthday buddy, why are so many people born on the 16th? Who knows. Not me. But congratulations pal.

1:07 AM  
Blogger PoLYcaRPo said...

feliz cumpleaƱos, from argentina
i like your blog, and indie music
best wishes

6:06 PM  
Blogger indie don't dance said...

Thanks to everyone for your birthday wishes! So sweet, so sweet, so sweet.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Wes said...

happy belated bday!

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How to choose a suitable target in cable and the cabal online alz? You should compensate him by giving him some cabal alz, and then Pvp or PK. Normal monsters; you have to lure a handful of monsters with cabal gold so that switching between them can be easier. There are many benefits to guild in cabal money. When you buy cabal alz, it is not still deal high amounts of damage.

2:08 AM  
Anonymous Microsoft Office 2007 said...

NEVERTHELESS, THE CIVIL LAW is and must be neutral about who has a more noble or rewarding faith. The breakaway parishes ought to win every Office 2010facet of the lawsuit not becauseMicrosoft Office 2010 their beliefs or their politics are better, Microsoft wordbut because both lawOffice 2007and equity, along with common sense, are on Microsoft Officetheir side.Microsoft Office 2007 Not only does Virginia state law (the Division Statute)Office 2007 keyexplicitly apply to just such a Office 2007 downloadsituation as now exists, but the history Office 2007 Professionalespecially of The Falls Church argues against the claims of Outlook 2010the Virginia Diocese with which theyMicrosoft outlookhave disassociated.Microsoft outlook 2010First, The Falls Church wasWindows 7 founded, formed, and developed long before the diocese, or the national Episcopal Church, even existed.

2:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home