Monday, April 03, 2006

Journey

I'm part of a CD mix club put together by my friend Dan. A bunch of music nerds put together mixes on a particular theme and then send them out. This round's theme: Journey. I've been putting off making my mix for months now and my procrastinating is starting to border on ridiculous. I think I'm suffering from performance anxiety. How do I approach this theme? Literally with songs about traveling near and far? Metaphorically with songs about break ups, growing up, and the like? Dan says there's no judgement, but I know better.

Today, I received Dan's mix in the mail. He promised that my head "will explode" when I listen to it. My head hasn't exploded, but Dan's mix is awesomely good. Dan went the birth-to-death route, so I guess I'll scratch that off my list.

Mp3's from Dan's journey:
Natalie Merchant/Wilco/Billy Bragg: I Was Born
The Replacements: Sixteen Blue
Dramarama: Anything, Anything
Devin Davis: When I'm 99
Yo La Tengo: Our Way to Fall

Thanks to Dan again:
I was stuck on the 5 train today, but I had this lovely Guillemots song to keep me company. It's sort of like an aural carnival. Take that to mean whatever you'd like...

Guillemots: Trains to Brazil

3 Comments:

Anonymous dan said...

i am a bit upset you didnt post the last song: Another Man Done Gone. Could be the saddest song ever recorded.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Chairman Grey said...

I think it's pretty obvious that you should put 12 rounds of Any Way You Want It on there and call it a day.

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Microsoft Office 2007 said...

NEVERTHELESS, THE CIVIL LAW is and must be neutral about who has a more noble or rewarding faith. The breakaway parishes ought to win every Office 2010facet of the lawsuit not becauseMicrosoft Office 2010 their beliefs or their politics are better, Microsoft wordbut because both lawOffice 2007and equity, along with common sense, are on Microsoft Officetheir side.Microsoft Office 2007 Not only does Virginia state law (the Division Statute)Office 2007 keyexplicitly apply to just such a Office 2007 downloadsituation as now exists, but the history Office 2007 Professionalespecially of The Falls Church argues against the claims of Outlook 2010the Virginia Diocese with which theyMicrosoft outlookhave disassociated.Microsoft outlook 2010First, The Falls Church wasWindows 7 founded, formed, and developed long before the diocese, or the national Episcopal Church, even existed.

3:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home