Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Genius to fall asleep to your tape last night...

I finally finished that Journey-themed mix that Dan plagued me with. Such an onerous task, but now I feel light and fancy free. Yes, I realize that I take things way too seriously, but so it goes. As soon as I'm sure my mix club members have received my CD, I will post the tracks. In the meantime, I thought I would have some mixtape fun at Indie Don't Dance.


This idea is inspired by Mallie from the fantastic (but now defunct) blog South of Mainstream. Mallie had readers send in one song that they would like to include on a one-of-a-kind mix. Weeks later my SoM mix arrived in the mail, and I have to say that it is one of the best mixes someone has made for me. The mix is extremely eclectic since it combines divergent music tastes, and Mallie did an excellent job of weaving them seamlessly all together.

So, here goes the first Indie Don't Dance Mix put together by you and me.

Here are the steps:
  1. The first 10 readers to leave me comment will help make the mix
  2. Email me an mp3 of the one song you would like to include
  3. I will email you my mailing address
  4. Mail me a blank CD and a SASE
  5. I will sort the songs into a nice little tracklist
  6. My students and I will design a nifty CD cover for your mix (there are no child labor laws against this)
  7. You'll receive the first ever Indie Don't Dance Mix in the mail care of the USPS
If you can swing the above, then send me an email! And remember: the mix will only be as good as the songs you send.

Here's some inspiration to get your ideas flowing.
Bjork: Headphones

*****
Tap-Tap, Click-Click:
Division Day has something to dance about. Their first full-length Beartrap Island is out today. Throw down $10 and buy the album because it is fantastically wonderful. Plus, the guys from Division Day are sweet and we like sweet bands.

And:
I forgot to say good morning to you all.
The Good Mornings: Far Too Long (That's Fo Sho)

22 Comments:

Blogger The Vandal said...

I would love to be involved-- just wondering what the guidelines for music are? any particular theme or genre (obviously not death metal, but just making sure). I hope I am considered :)

10:56 AM  
Blogger indie don't dance said...

Aah... the first comment! This is very exciting.

There are no guidelines when it comes to the type of music. Just no epic long songs (e.g., "The Tain") because we want the 11 songs to fit on 1 CD.

Thanks for playing.

11:00 AM  
Blogger The Vandal said...

so i'm in??

haha-- when do you want the songs by??

I'm excited

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Donna Love. said...

I would love to be involved in the making of this if you would like my help i know quite a bit of indie music. i don't know my blogger infor so i couldn't sign on so just send me an e-mail at Donna.Love@gmail.com

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Meghan Gallery said...

Count my ass in.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

sounds fun. i'm in.

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Dan said...

Yo! I'm down for this, sounds like fun.

5:06 PM  
Anonymous dan said...

how could i pass up being part of this?

6:10 PM  
Anonymous kate said...

I'd like to be a part of this as well, so I will reflect on which song (so many to choose from!) to pick. :)

6:28 PM  
Anonymous kate said...

Whoops, just in case you need it now, my email is: klatsh@email.unc.edu.

6:29 PM  
Blogger indie don't dance said...

We still have room for 3 more people.

And if you've already commented: please email me an mp3 of the song you have selected for the mix.

I'm pumped to see how this all turns out!

6:49 PM  
Blogger indie don't dance said...

Email link above doesn't work.
But this one does: Email me your mp3

6:52 PM  
Blogger elle said...

mix cds, cool....haven't made one in a while.

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Vanessa H said...

ohmy i saw 13 before and got sad but i look here and you are 3 and one is someone double commenting. so woooah im in!

vudell@gmail.com

9:16 PM  
Blogger indie don't dance said...

We need one more person.
Who will it be...?

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it will be me!...i hope

i would suggest

"Citizen Blues"
by Vox Noctis

-billy

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

in case you need it.
my email:

CrillyCroy8907@hotmail.com

11:46 PM  
Blogger heather said...

I am late on this one, but next time you do this, any topic, count me in. What fun!!

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so when do we get these cds???

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The World of Kung fu Gold should be a timely evolution of the world. Please step up efforts to investigate all types of WoKf gold can be set up in the game. buy World of Kung fu Gold online to add more rudimentary fashion and to do some changes to the players to use and can create. The cheap World of Kung fu Gold can help you combat equipment of the production. Use the World of Kung fu moneymay change the door to door battle for offensive and defensive resident.

2:04 AM  
Anonymous Microsoft Office 2007 said...

NEVERTHELESS, THE CIVIL LAW is and must be neutral about who has a more noble or rewarding faith. The breakaway parishes ought to win every Office 2010facet of the lawsuit not becauseMicrosoft Office 2010 their beliefs or their politics are better, Microsoft wordbut because both lawOffice 2007and equity, along with common sense, are on Microsoft Officetheir side.Microsoft Office 2007 Not only does Virginia state law (the Division Statute)Office 2007 keyexplicitly apply to just such a Office 2007 downloadsituation as now exists, but the history Office 2007 Professionalespecially of The Falls Church argues against the claims of Outlook 2010the Virginia Diocese with which theyMicrosoft outlookhave disassociated.Microsoft outlook 2010First, The Falls Church wasWindows 7 founded, formed, and developed long before the diocese, or the national Episcopal Church, even existed.

2:55 AM  
Blogger jay paul said...

Nice post! Can’t wait for the next one. Keep stuff like this coming.

Asus - N55SL-DS71 15.6" LED Notebook - Intel Core i7 i7-2670QM 2.20 GHz - Black

Asus - 11.6"ZENBOOK Ultrabook 4 GB Memory and 128 GB Solid State Drive - Aluminum Silver

Asus - 13.3" Laptop - 4GB Memory - 128GB Solid State Drive - Hot Pink

Asus - 11.6" Laptop - 4GB Memory - 128GB Solid State Drive - Radiant Silver

Asus - 15.6" Notebook 8 GB Memory - 500 GB Hard Drive - Black

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home