Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Tonight = Indie Dances

I'm using my prep time to update my blog instead of working on classroom stuff. I think I need a break from the monotony of teaching. My brain is feeling a little fried and I've been a sour puss of a teacher lately. However, I think I will be able to set things right with some fun later today.

So, tonight. There are many things on the agenda...

First, I'm off to Sin-e to see Justin King and his band. I don't know much about him, but he is a friend of a friend, and I like to see friends of friends play in bands. All I know is that Justin King is a guitar virtuoso and can do ungodly things with a doubleneck guitar. Check out what I mean here.

After Sin-e, it's a quick walk to Pianos where What Made Milwaukee Famous is playing. I'm being a Stalkerette this week, and I really want to see these guys play again. Their Southpaw show was fun, and I'm always in the mood to dance.

Then, I'll pop upstairs to Piano's lounge to check out Rachael's DJing skills. She's kicking off Underrated's weekly party at Pianos Upstairs Lounge. She's starting off tonight's set with new tracks from Birdmonster and Voxtrot. Oh, and did I mention that the event is free? I'll definitely have my dancing shoes on.

Needless to say, I will be useless tomorrow. Luckily, the children have the day off from school, so they'll be none the wiser.

Justin King: Stream songs at his MySpace page
What Made Milwaukee Famous: Almost Always Never
Voxtrot: Long Haul

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, this is John from What Made Milwaukee Famous. Thanks for all the nice words! Make sure to say hi at the show. I'm just letting you know we are not playing the 3/31 show at Rockwood. We have to get to Philly for a radio show. Take care everybody.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Rachael said...

yay! i'm totally checking out WMMF either tonight or tomorrow. Come upstairs and get your dancing shoes on!!! thanks for the plug :)

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home