Thursday, February 02, 2006

Laughter

Josh Rouse: Laughter.
During finals week of my senior year of college, I found myself lying on the dirty carpeted floor of my college radio station's office. The ceiling, with its water damage and holes, was very interesting at the moment. Maybe it was because I was drunk off of 46 hours of no sleep. Or maybe I was suddenly thinking on a much "higher and deeper level" and was experiencing the whole we're-never-going-to-see-each-other-again phenomenon that hits the average senior in college. Whatever it was, I remember the sounds of quiet feedback and a steady drumbeat filling the four corners of the room. I remember swinging my feet and keeping the beat with a steady tap on my legs. I remember Brendan freezing in his swivel chair, and Maureen shushing Shalini with a quiet hand on her knee. And then the words came: "I think I got it all figured out, I think I've got it made..." Again, it could have been the moment, the people, the place; however, "Laughter" reminded us that we've got it made. We have plans. We are safe.


Josh Rouse is set to release a new album on March 21st titled Subtitulo. This is all very good news.

From Subtitulo: Quiet Town

2 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

thank you for this post! I really like josh rouse and hadn't heard that he was releasing a new one in March. thank you for the sounds! he is great.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Satisfied '75 said...

josh is da man

4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home