Tuesday, February 21, 2006

China's Indie Music Scene


Today I received an email from Ian Sherman of Tag Team Records. It was a PR email with a different twist: This record label promotes Chinese indie bands. Hmmm. The goal of Tag Team Records is to "broaden the scope of DIY/Independent music as the world knows it through releasing culturally relevant, like-minded artists from unlikely locations on an international scale." To that end, Tag Team Records features bands from Norway, Holland, and China. China. I guess China has a small, yet burgeoning indie music scene. I have to be honest and admit that I'm a sucker for lyrics, which makes it really difficult for me to get into the tracks posted on Tag Team's web site. Taking German and French in high school doesn't pay off when you're listening to songs in Mandarin. However, I do appreciate the atmospheric quality to the songs I selected for this post. Check out the mp3s from Tag Team's Lonely China Day and Du Yun. I especially like the Du Yun track.

Lonely China Day: Thou
Du Yun: Stay

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lops are one of the top damage classes of dofus kamas, without need of huge buffing. I know vitality is very tempting in kamas, especially at the lower levels, you get after level 100 every time you level. You may be feeling intelligence in cheap kamas. You are going to be getting crab pincers which like dofus gold, depending on which server you are on. buy dofus kamas can help you get a high level in short time.

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home