Saturday, January 21, 2006

You underestimate me.

This will have to be added to my list of band names I will never get right: The New Jersey band Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start has their Girls Names EP available for download. The songs on the EP are all named after a girl, and like the female gender, each track is punchy, sweet, and will linger in your mind long after it's over.

My favorite girl:
Robin Fleshman

Songs from their Internet EP:
Out to Get Me
Are We Seeing This

More songs from the Internet EP available here.

Since these guys are nice enough to offer their EPs for free, thank them by being their MySpace friend.

Odds and ends...
I am very excited about the release of Cat Power's The Greatest and Tarkio's Omnibus on Tuesday.
I am very excited about seeing Colin Meloy at Town Hall on Thursday.
I am not, however, very excited about finishing these report cards today.

Cat Power: The Greatest
Tarkio: Tristan and Iseult
Colin Meloy: Shiny

7 Comments:

Blogger Cameron Deyhle said...

Up Up... is the code for Konami games to get extra lives and stuff. Good for Contra, Life Force on old school Nintendo. Ahhh that fealt good to get off my chest.

3:55 PM  
Blogger indie don't dance said...

Thanks, Cameron. I read about this on the band's website, but it didn't mean much to me. Call me a girl.

However, I have to say that 1) I am impressed by your random Nintendo knowledge; and 2) I don't think it will help me remember the name any better.

4:25 PM  
Blogger mike said...

ah yeh, I thought it was sonic level select cheat but then I realise that - of course - is Up Down Left Right A B start.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Cameron Deyhle said...

Super Nerds Unite. Thanks again for the post. I totally freaked out and wrote them up too.

6:19 PM  
Anonymous dan said...

seeing your boo colin tonight in la. i'll tell you say hi.

8:06 PM  
Blogger indie don't dance said...

You know you aren't allowed to use that word. It sends shivers down my spine!

But my boyfriend was fantastic, right?

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Individual dungeons are very good for money in Atlantica online Gold. Is it solo able in the Atlantica Gold? It is not too bad, you should survive pretty well with buy Atlantica online Gold if you equipment is up to date. Someone would like me who just reached IVI90 be able to survive more than one hit because cheap Atlantica online Gold. The work of the reward system works without Atlantica online money .

1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home