Saturday, January 21, 2006

BR2.ELA.WS.B.7 - Express a simple opinion, need or desire in speech or writing.

It's 60 degrees today in New York, and I'm stuck inside writing report cards. It's nice to work at an "effective" school; however, I think 5-page report cards are pushing it a bit.


While I was working, an oldie-but-goodie popped up on my iTunes. Mel Torme's "Comin' Home, Baby" was a staple song in my apartment when I studied abroad in Edinburgh, Scotland. My roommates and I would put it on repeat during those gloomy, rainy days when drinking tea and eating chocolate digestives wasn't enough. This was definitely our "push through" song, and I think it's fitting for today.

Comin' Home, Baby

2 Comments:

Blogger countrygrrl said...

wow small world!!! here i am in edinburgh on a cold wet day listening to mel torme courtesty of your blog....hope you had a good time in auld reekie..the best o' tartan to you...countrygrrl

6:37 AM  
Blogger heather said...

amen to music which personifies your study abroad experience. i've got a few of those in my back pocket too... and i always get a big 'ole smile when they come up on my iPod.

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home