Friday, December 09, 2005

Catch my disease



The Changes: When I Wake. The Underrated has been singing the praises of the Chicago quartet the Changes for a while, and I'm going to add my voice to the chorus. The Changes are feeding my current poppy indie music addiction with this melodic song. "When I Wake" reminds me of those shimmering classic 80's songs that bring a smile to your face.

Purchase their self-titled EP here and then be their MySpace friend.

The Changes will be in New York City to play a few shows:
December 15th: Rothko (with Lakota, The Diggs, Five O'Clock Heroes, and Morning Theft)
December 16th: Trash Bar
December 17th: Mercury Lounge

Cassettes Won't Listen: Cutting Balloons. I have a crush on the band Cassettes Won't Listen. We were introduced by radio station WOXY and it's been doodled hearts on notebooks ever since. "Cutting Balloons" is a poppy, electronic indie masterpiece that includes a punchy booty-shaking drum beat that I find infectious.



This four-peice band released their EP Keep Moving in November. You can download it for $4.49 from iTunes.

A heads-up for all the New York City locals: Cassette's Won't Listen are playing at Piano's on February 23rd. Mark your calendars.

Odds and ends...
Ahh, the lovely men at the Tekserve have fixed my iBook! I can't wait to pick it up tonight.

4 Comments:

Blogger Paulo said...

Well, at least you will not have to avoid numbers 5 and 7 anymore :) I never heard if you tried to listen to Jumbo Electro, an email I sent you some days ago from a brazilian band, but ok.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Rachael said...

Bit of a lineup change at Rothko. Beat Radio is playing instead of Five O'Clock Heroes. Hope to see you there!

2:44 PM  
Blogger Cameron Deyhle said...

liking the blog, i linked you

10:36 PM  
Anonymous joe said...

i liked 'the changes'...but you should listen to the brazilian band Cansei de ser sexy [those girls kick ass]

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home