Sunday, November 27, 2005

Presents for good little boys and girls

Bon Savants: Why This Could Never Work Between Us. Perfect lyric: "You look so out of place/cause your eyes outshine even the brightest stars, brightest stars."

Odds and ends...
Dearest readers, I've been a little unmotivated and exhausted, so hopefully this will all change soon. I can't have any more falling-asleep-on-the-subway scares any more. That is something that this Midwestern transplant is not comfortable with.

I'm writing all this because Page France is playing tomorrow at Sin-e. I will have to get a good night's sleep, drink lots of coffee tomorrow, and think happy thoughts so I can make it to the show. Michael Nau is not to be missed.

China Light. Snowden has posted their Licorice EP. It's 3 Christmas-y songs that will jazz up how you deck the halls this year. "China White" is the 1 original song on the EP. I like the mellow remakes + 1; however, one of my more opinionated second graders shared that Snowden, "won't get any presents this year if they don't cheer up!" I guess a field trip on December 8th to see Snowden at Mercury Lounge is out of the question.

Download the rest of the Licorice EP here.

Saturday night...
The Underrated Magazine and Liberated Matter are hosting a show this Saturday at Pianos. The line up inclues The Undisputed Heavyweights, A Brief Smile, Paula Valstein, and The Teenage Prayers. $7 for a show can't be beat.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachael said...

i must think like a second grader myself, snowden should cheer up! but no, those tracks are great.

hope to see you saturday!

5:53 PM  
Blogger indie don't dance said...

No worries; second graders have surprisingly good taste in music.

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home