Friday, November 11, 2005

Greatest Love Song Ever


Johnny Cash: Ring of Fire. I was thinking about how love isn't normally equated with eternal damnation, but I guess most of us haven't loved Mr. Johnny Cash. I guess it would be hard to confess your love for someone when both parties are married, and one of whom, at least, believes in sin and hell fire. Add to infidelity, drug and alcohol addiction, and you have the foundation for the greatest love song ever. When describing what it felt like to fall in love with Johnny Cash, June Carter Cash said, "I felt like I had fallen in a pit of fire and I was literally burning alive." First recorded by June Carter Cash's sister, Johnny Cash's version of "Ring of Fire" is particularly interesting when you consider he is singing a song written by his lover about why loving him will land her in hell. And I thought my love life was difficult.

Check out the web site for the movie Walk the Line. The "Johnny Cash Family Tree" is particularly interesting.

Love songs that don't feature brimstone...
Dension Witmer: Are You Lonely
Great Lake Swimmers: Various Stages
Will Johnson: Just to Know What You've Been Dreaming
Rogue Wave: Every Moment

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the download didnt work - you need the itunes password
=(

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home