Sunday, November 13, 2005

De da de da de


Venice Is Sinking: Pulaski Heights. Here's a beautiful tune from the Athens, Georgia band Venice Is Sinking. There's some echo-y goodness to this song and I like the haunting harmonizing at the end of the track.

Venice Is Sinking will release their LP in March 2006. They currently have a split EP out with another Georgia band called What We Do Is Secret. You can purchase the $5 Split EP here.

Odds and ends...
I'm obsessed with the new Zales commercials that show an exceptionally chisled man agonzing over how to present his overpriced diamond gift to his equally stunning girlfriend. I was a little taken aback when I realized it was for Zales, but David Bowie and Queen's "Under Pressure" speaks to my little indie heart.

2 Comments:

Blogger the eternal outsider said...

what about the new commercial for some car company with the postal service and the insurnace one with deathcab?

ohh and iron and wine for the m&m's comm.

it's weird..

11:02 AM  
Anonymous enver said...

Venice won't sink anymore! I live there! (not in CA one!)

enver, an indie who doesn't dance

3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home