Sunday, October 16, 2005

Saving pennies...

There are some good shows coming up soon in New York.

Movable Hype 5.0. I love the Movable Hype shows sponsored by Gothamist. It's always a great night of music and a chance to discover bands that will quickly become your new favorites. The show is on November 2nd at the Knitting Factory. The line up looks good so far: The Capital Years, Bravo Silva, and Snowden. Tune in next week when The Gothamist announces the "suprise, secret guest." Buy your tickets for Movable Hype 5.0 here.

The Capital Years: Let Them Drink
Bravo Silva: I Can't Say Goodbye
Snowden: Good News

CMJ Presents: Doveman, Jose Gonzalez, Mike Wexler, and Emm Gryner. The show is on October 18th at the Living Room. Doveman gets a thumbs up from me. I saw him at Movable Hype 4.0 (hint, hint), and the buzz on the blogosphere is that Jose Gonzalez is amazing live and Mike Wexler is an indie rock god. I read on Brooklyn Vegan that the show is $7 with a one drink minimum per set. Per set? Hmmm... Buy tickets here.

Doveman: Honey
Mike Wexler: I'd Like to Solve the Puzzle
Jose Gonzalez: Stay in the Shade
Emm Gryner: Breathless

More hype...
Ghostland Observatory. I saw Ghostland Observatory at Movable Hype 3.0 and it was love at first sight. The band is comprised of Aaron Behrens and Thomas Turner and they blend together an interesting mix of punk, rock, electronica, and dare I say, hip-hop into one eclectic sound. Aaron Behrens was too much to handle with his tight pink pants, Heidi-inspired braids, and sexy dance moves. I wanted to miniturize him, put him in my pocket, and take him home.

Stream three tracks from their LP Delete, Delete, I Eat Meat here.

Odds and ends...

smallthings. This has nothing to do with music, just the jewelry store that I'm loving at the moment. smallthings is jewelry designer Teresa Robinson. Based in Portland, Oregon, Teresa hand cuts and solders each of her pieces individually. Her work is beautiful and and handful of her necklaces make up an ample part of my jewelry collection. Check her out.

3 Comments:

Blogger placidian said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:12 AM  
Blogger indie don't dance said...

thanks for the heads up. i fixed the links, so they should work now...?

5:38 PM  
Blogger Rachael said...

what about underrated magazine's show on 11.18? :)

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home