Thursday, October 13, 2005

Rain, rain, go away...

Despite the cold and rain, my weekend starts today. Here's my agenda:

Thursday, October 13th:
1. Milk and Cookies Bakery. Have you been here yet? Fresh baked cookies delievered to your table. What could be better? I'm heading over this afternoon with some friends so we can indulge in some yummy goodness.

2. Beat Radio: A Million Miles. If the rain doesn't beat me down, I will head over to Sin-e for Beat Radio's free show at 7:00 pm.

Friday, October 14th:
3. Fiery Furnaces: Chris Michaels. My friends say I should like them. I try. I really do try. More often than not a live show solidifies how I feel. So, we shall see...

Saturday, October 15th:
4. John Vanderslice: Trance Manual. I think if I hear "Trance Manual" live I will die a happy woman. The Saturday show at Southpaw is my best bet. It's just a hop, skip, and a jump from my apartment.

Sunday, October 16th:
5. Jose Gonzalez: Slow Moves. Thanks to Swedesplease I now have something to add to my calendar. Jose Gonzalez is playing an instore performance at Sound Fix in Brooklyn. I agree with Craig that Veener is one of the loveliest albums from 2005 and a must listen. Thanks to Swedesplease for the link to "Slow Moves."

2 Comments:

Blogger jinners said...

i love milk and cookies bakery. check it out! i was there last week. http://www.jinners.com/2005/10/early-evening-ponders-if-everything.html

1:49 PM  
Blogger Geoff said...

Jose Gonzalez is great live - I saw in in London earlier this year and if anything he's even better than on record.

4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home