Friday, October 07, 2005

I want more of everything

From the school house...
I made a new clean-up soundtrack for my classroom. It's a selection of 3-minute-ish songs that I play while everyone is cleaning up. The goal is to be done cleaning before the song is over, which can be a difficult feat at times. We're getting there and rocking out (quietly) while we do it. Here's the track list:
  1. Arcard Fire: Cold Wind
  2. Jose Gonzales: Crosses
  3. Saturday Looks Good to Me: Lift Me Up
  4. Page France: Junkyard
  5. Brendan Benson: The Pledge (a big second grade hit...)
  6. Acid House Kings: This Heart Is a Stone
  7. Dr. Dog: The World May Never Know
  8. Audible: October Song
  9. matt pond PA: Winterlong
  10. Neutral Milk Hotel: The Aeroplane Over the Sea
Odds and ends...
The Cardigans: "I Need Some Fine Wine and You, You Need to Be Nicer". Watch The Cardigan's new video for "I Need Some Fine Wine and You, You Need to Be Nicer." The video involves Nina wearing a lot of leather and lying on the floor. I'm sure some of you will find that appealing.

matt pond PA: Several Arrows Later. Songs:Illinois has some new mp3's posted from matt pond PA's upcoming LP Several Arrows Later. I recommend "Brooklyn Stars." Maybe it's my borough bias shining through, but it's a lovely song with a catchy melody. Matt Pond has a way with writing heartstopping love songs, and this is definitely one of them.

Reminder...
Beat Radio is playing a free show at Sin-e on Thursday, October 13th at 7:00 pm. Check them out because they play a great live show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home