Sunday, October 30, 2005

Before I disappear

I usually don't have time to post during the week. Work keeps me busy, so I thought I would end this weekend with a bang.


The Motion Sick: Satellite. I obviously have a soft spot in my heart for love songs, and I'm definitely adding this one to my shelf of favorites. The Motion Sick are a Boston-based band that is releasing their LP Her Brilliant Fifteen in early 2006. "Satellite" is a sing-a-long song, catchy and sweet. Plus the boys will send you a free postcard if you pay them an internet visit.

Odds and ends...
Over the Rhine. Ohio natives Over the Rhine are on tour in support of their latest album Drunkard's Prayer. I didn't discover Over the Rhine until I picked up their 2003 release Ohio, and I've been hooked ever since. Unfortunately, they aren't coming to New York City, but all of my Midwestern brethren will have the chance to see them live. Click here for tour dates.

From Drunkard's Prayer: Drunkard's Prayer (Saxophone Mix)
From Amateur Shortwave Radio: Moth
From Good Dog Bad Dog: All I Need Is Everything

Wednesday, November 2nd...

  • Beat Radio @ Scenic
  • Valley Lodge @ Sin-e
  • Gothamist's Movable Hype 5.0 @ Knitting Factory
  • dios (malos) @ Maxwell's
Beat Radio: Elegy
Valley Lodge: All Of My Lovin'
Cloud Room: Hey Now Now
dios (malos): I Want It All

1 Comments:

Blogger "Betty" said...

hey...great that you posted on over the rhine...i did a post on them a month or so ago...amazing band, eh?
just discovered the rarity of the month (sax mix of drunkard's prayer) earlier today...funny coincidence.
been on your blog a few times...nice selections! :)

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home