Friday, October 14, 2005

40 days and 40 nights...

The rain is bringing out the crazies in people.

1) The lines at my neighborhood grocery store were so long that the guy behind me opened up his bread and lunch meat and made himself a sandwich. He added some zing to it by dipping it into a container of hummus.

2) Two women on the subway got into a heated argument about umbrella etiquette. Although I agree with the woman who was arguing that umbrellas with pointed ends should not be held under one's arm because you could poke out someone's eye, I don't think her argument was supported by pointing out the size of her opponent's butt.

I know you guys are probably tired of hearing New Yorkers complain about the rain, so just listen to some music:

Dirty on Purpose: Light Pollution. Another one from DoP. Sounds good with the rain drops hitting the window.

If we all listen to the following tracks and dance in unison, the rain will stop. I promise.

Fighterpilot: Answer me
Acid House Kings: This and That
Laura Cantrell: Hammer and Nails
Pedro the Lion: Discretion
Finest Dearest: Sleep Until the Weekend
Sleater-Kinney: Jumpers
Guided By Voices: Gonna Never Have to Die

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home