Saturday, September 17, 2005

Such a pretty voice.

I posted an mp3 from Rosie Thomas a few days ago,
but I think her talent warrents an entire post.

You're probably familiar with Thomas if David Jurado's Ghost of David is in your CD library. You can hear her on "Parking Lots." I fell in love with Rosie Thomas' music when I heard her song "Wedding Day." A lovely and strong song about leaving one's husband. Thomas' third LP If Songs Could Be Held was released on Sub Pop on September 13th. She sings about truth and beauty, struggle and identity with a confident, lilting voice.













All of Rosie Thomas' LPs are availalbe from Insound.

When We Were Small: Wedding Day (mp3)
If Songs Could Be Held: Pretty Dress (mp3)

3 Comments:

Blogger jeffro said...

she's got a beautiful voice - good selection!

8:32 PM  
Blogger Brooks said...

Yes, I agree. Her voice is quite incredible. I love her song "2 dollar shoes."

12:49 AM  
Anonymous Jim Online said...

I do agree. She has a rare combination of voice and beauty. Her talent is above average and she has a unique style. I would like to suggest a succession of post about her.

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home