Friday, September 23, 2005

Beat Radio

Have you ever listened to a song, and realized that you have a ridiculous grin on your face because you are so struck by what you are hearing? I had that moment on Monday while riding the train to work. See, sometimes bands send me tracks, and I listen to them once. Just once. But sometimes bands send me tracks, and I listen to them once. And then twice. And then, well... you get the point: the tracks suddenly become the soundtrack for my commute.

Beat Radio provided the background music for my travels this week. I don't know much about them, but this is what I do know: fuzzy, low-fi sound + strong vocals + catchy hooks = my head steadily nodding. There is something very simple and beautiful about the songs. Vocalist Brian Sendrowitz has stolen my heart with lyrics like: I know I've been walking for a million miles/ I saw something in your eyes/ It made me smile.

A Million Miles (mp3)
Treetops (mp3)

If you have time, catch Beat Radio at Sin-e on Saturday, October 1st. I'll be there nodding my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home