Sunday, August 14, 2005

Virgin Rockness

I have a music-packed week ahead of me, folks. Smoosh, The Alternate Routes, The Jim Yoshii Pile Up and Hockey Night, Sufjan Stevens, Doveman and Raising the Fawn... I have to admit that I'm feeling a little stressed. Now, don't get me wrong; I'm pumped about the shows. But... I have a friend who has never (yes, never) been to a show. Never. Not even when she was young to see Duran Duran or New Edition.* So, she said that she wanted to go to a show with me this week, and I have to decide which one. This is a lot of pressure considering she's an indie rock show virgin, and this could be a defining moment in the growth of her taste in music. Sufjan Stevens would be the no-brainer, but that show is sold out.

So, any thoughts to where I should take her?

*BTW: My first show was Big Head Todd and the Monsters, but we'll discuss that later.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mallie said...

Man...you brought back some memories. Duran Duran was my first concert. I was in the 6th grade. My best friend's mom took us to the show and somehow managed to sit through our incessant girlish screaming and swooning (john Taylor for me).

Your blog is great. I'm going to send some love to you later today. And we're gonna do another mix tape giveaway in September, so check back. - Mallie

1:56 PM  
Blogger indie don't dance said...

Thanks for popping over to my blog. I appreciate it a lot!

I saw Duran Duran too, but not until I was in 9th grade. Who didn't swoon over John Taylor?

8:36 PM  
Blogger Mallie said...

Believe it or not...my friend liked Nick. I'm sorry, but he was just too campy and swishy even when I was just a twelve year old!

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home