Thursday, August 18, 2005

Uh-huh, uh-huh. Yo, yo.


I saw the sibling duo Smoosh last night, and they were fabulous. Asya (13) and Chloe (11) possess a gift that honestly defies their years. I was trying to remember what I was doing when I was in middle school. Probably spending countless hours in front of a mirror trying to make my bangs defy gravity with the help of a can of hairspray. Smoosh's songs are quirky and fun, but delivered with honesty and poise. There were moments when Asya's keyboard playing and straight forward singing had me recalling Ben Folds. I don't know; maybe it's just me. Smoosh also played new songs from their upcoming album, and the ladies are definitely growing in their sound. You'll definitely be impressed, and probably a little depressed about how you spent your middle school years.

Massive Cure (mp3)

Until the new LP comes out, you can listen to Smoosh's 2004 live set at KEXP. You can also buy their album She Like Electric at Insound.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

These girls are great. I think I read an interview with them somewhere where they listed favorite summer cds, and Asya said, "We like this one rap album with Snoop on it. And some other rappers whose names I don't know."

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home