Wednesday, August 03, 2005

More Than Your Average Spoon Cover Band


Robbers on High Street will be playing a live set on WOXY.com's Lounge Acts series on Friday, August 5th at 3 pm EDT. Personally, I am pumped for this Lounge Act. I saw Robbers on High Street perform at Mercury Lounge back in June. The boys rocked out and were digging the fact they were playing for an audience. Don't you love when a band is having so much fun on stage that it's infectious? After the show, my friend made the snarky comment that he "loves seeing Spoon cover bands." Yes... I read the reviews on Pitchfork, too.

Spanish Teeth (mp3)
Japanese Girls (mp3)
Montefiore (mp3)

And if you liked what you heard, visit NPR's website and listen to an interview of the band from NPR's Weekend Edition.

On another note...
I must confess that I put on my dancing shoes this morning and had a little party in my livingroom. Here's a track from this morning's groove goodness:

Bjork (from Debut): Big Time Sensuality
(quicktime video)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home